Re: Maven packages in Debian (was Re: Progress in preparing the Bazel Build System for Debian (COVID-19 Biohackathon follow-up))

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 8:10 PM Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser@tarent.de> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 May 2020, Sudip Mukherjee wrote:
>
> > I have now made a list with package name, the jar files that it
> > provides and the list of class that the jar provides.
>
> This must be scripted/scriptable though… the list for stable is
> pretty much fixed, but the one for unstable (which is the relevant
> one for packaging) isn’t and needs to be redone every few weeks at
> least…

It was generated using a script. It will not be a problem to redo every week.

> > Not sure where to put that or if it is in an usable format. So,
> > initial version is at:
> > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A0tnTNofdNFuMwzrxV_HQE6npfpUglcS
>
> Ouch, 33M… methinks this is more suited as a web application.
> Not all that easy… due to sheer size, at least.

Yes, I was thinking of making a Debian native package for it, the data
will be in either sqlite or yaml and then an application to read from
it. cmdline will accept either jar or class name and will list the
package containing them. And if package name is given then it will
list everything that the package contains.
Just a thought for now.

--
Regards
Sudip