Re: Idea wanted: What is the most key open source projects to fight COVID-19?

Hi Jun,

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 12:11:38PM +0200, Jun Aruga wrote:
> > Not the workflow is in Debian, but most of the tools it uses. Missing is
> > only the optional route embracing
>
> I think the nf-core/nanoseq and other nf-core pipelines themselves are
> not in Debian. Because I think Nextflow is not in Debian now.

I tried to package nextflow but I stumbled upon a dependency from capsule

   https://lists.debian.org/debian-java/2020/04/msg00046.html

my suspicion that this is not really good to have it in Debian was confirmed
here:

   https://lists.debian.org/debian-java/2020/05/msg00000.html

I have no idea at all whether capsule can be avoided to package nextflow.

> > also listed above. Ubiquitous tools aside, like R or cat, they should be
> > listed on https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio.
>
> That helps!
>
> I am trying to summarize the status of the tools on the Google
> spreadsheet. Can you see it?
> Maybe I will let you know the status after finishing the work.
>
> Bio RPM/Deb COVID-19 Dependencies
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tApLhVqxRZ2VOuMH_aPUgFENQJfbLlB_PFH_Ah_q7hM/edit#gid=543782716

I can read that doc but can't edit.  Most of the tools are available and
my bet is with a few exceptions we can get the missing bits quickly / in
a medium time frame.