Re: Idea wanted: What is the most key open source projects to fight COVID-19?

Hi Jun,

I concur that the nanopore associated workflows are of high priority.

On 09.05.20 22:10, Jun Aruga wrote:
Hi Andreas,

The 3 pipelines nf-core/nanoseq,

https://github.com/nf-core/nanoseq

Not the workflow is in Debian, but most of the tools it uses. Missing is
only the optional route embracing

https://github.com/lbcb-sci/graphmap2

nf-core/artic,

Not in Debian, yet, but on its way on

https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/fieldbioinformatics

That was from during the Hackathon, no idea where this stands, now. No
ITP referenced.

nf-core/viralrecon

That is the next-flow workflow, I understand - no, have not seen that, yet.

Nextflow itself causes some problems, if I get this right. Most tools
contributing to viralrecon are already in the distribution. Missing are

https://github.com/andersen-lab/ivar
http://snpeff.sourceforge.net/SnpEff.html
http://snpeff.sourceforge.net/SnpSift.html

http://cab.spbu.ru/software/meta-spades/
https://github.com/ekg/seqwish
https://github.com/BU-ISCIII/plasmidID

which are all in the de novo assembly section.

Concerning your list below I tend to think that Debian has them all with
a few exceptions (nanolyse, ...).

also listed above. Ubiquitous tools aside, like R or cat, they should be
listed on https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio.

Does that help?

Best,

Steffen

shared are the most applicable (= the highest priority) to COVID-19
analysis. [1].
Now I share the additional 5 pipelines that are certainly relevant (=
the 2nd highest priority). [2]
This is the result of my interview in the nf-core Slack channel.

Could you check the packages situations in Debian?
Sorry I knew information about the 5 pipelines a few weeks ago. But I
took a time to summarize the list of the packages and email it.

* nf-core/scrnaseq (single cell)
* nf-core/smartseq2 (single cell)
* nf-core/sarek (whole-genome sequencing)
* nf-core/mag (meta-genomics)
* nf-core/bcellmagic (immune response)

https://github.com/nf-core/scrnaseq/blob/master/bin/scrape_software_versions.py
bustools
kallisto
multiqc
salmon
star

https://github.com/nf-core/smartseq2/blob/master/bin/scrape_software_versions.py
fastqc
multiqc

https://github.com/nf-core/sarek/blob/master/bin/scrape_software_versions.py
allelecount
ascat
bcftools
bwa
fastqc
freebayes
gatk
htslib
manta
multiqc
qualimap
samtools
snpeff
strelka
tiddit
vcftools
vep

https://github.com/nf-core/mag/blob/master/bin/scrape_software_versions.py
busco
cat
centrifuge
fastp
fastqc
filtlong
kraken2
megahit
metabat
multiqc
nanolyse
nanoplot
porechop
quast
spades

https://github.com/nf-core/bcellmagic/blob/master/bin/scrape_software_versions.py
changeo
fastqc
multiqc
muscle
presto
r-alakazam
r-shazam
r-tigger
vsearch

[1] nf-core Slack #covid19 channel
   https://nfcore.slack.com/archives/C0105J0J9T8/p1587480925053900
   > The pipelines you listed are the ones that are/will be most
applicable to COVID-19 analysis.
[2] nf-core Slack #covid19 channel
   https://nfcore.slack.com/archives/C0105J0J9T8/p1587498948095200
   > But the single cell pipelines could certainly be relevant. Also
sarek for whole-genome sequencing analysis, mag for metagenomics
analysis and bcellmagic for investigations into the immune response..

Thanks & Cheers,
Jun