Re: [Git][med-team/python-pauvre][master] patch for build test failing to start

Andreas Tille, on 2020-04-25 22:00:01 +0200:
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 07:52:06PM +0200, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> > Not sure what to do about the subsequent
> > call to `python3 ../../../pauvre_main.py ...`, but it works at t
> > time.
>
> I was wondering about the test script calling some executable named
> pauvre which does not exist.  May be the most elegant solution would
> rather to add a wrapper script (say debian/bin/pauvre) add
>
>    PATH=$(CURDIR)/debian/bin ...
>
> and simply use this wrapper which does not require any patch of the
> code.

Thanks, this is now in place.  I had to twist a thing or two for
having at least the first test (synplot) start up, but once
started, it ended well.  For the moment, the second test, about
pauvre/lsi/test.py, still errors however; it has a hiccup on
handling the "-v" option:

	ImportError: Failed to import test module: pauvre.lsi.test
	Traceback (most recent call last):
	  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/unittest/loader.py", line 436, in _find_test_path
	    module = self._get_module_from_name(name)
	  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/unittest/loader.py", line 377, in _get_module_from_name
	    __import__(name)
	  File "/mnt/data/emollier/debian/python-pauvre/.pybuild/cpython3_3.8/build/pauvre/lsi/test.py", line 34, in <module>
	    f = open(sys.argv[2], 'r')
	FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '-v'

Maybe by shifting the argument, the test will go through the
expected code path.

> > 	FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] File b'/build/python-pauvre-0.1924/.pybuild/cpython3_3.8/build/pauvre/tests/testdata/gff_files/Bf201706.gff' does not exist
> >
> > But, there is no such .gff file in the whole directory.  There
> > are a few references to other repositories in various files, for
> > more testing, but haven't located such files yet.
>
> I'd check upstream Git repository.  If you fail to find it there
> its probably a good idea to ask upstream.

They were finally stored in a side repository indeed, in its
gff_files directory:

	https://github.com/conchoecia/beroe_forskalii_mitogenome

I am a bit unsure of the proper approach to get them available
at build test, so for the moment they are duplicated into the
directory debian/tests/gff_files.

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d