Re: ITP: bazel -- Fast and correct automated build system by Google

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 05:56:56PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 11:27:45AM -0400, Olek Wojnar wrote:
> > To those interested in Bazel in Debian:
> > Looking forward to getting a good group of people together who can
> > contribute to this, to whatever extent they are able!
>
> while I doubt that I'll be of technical help to work on this package I'd
> like to express that I'm extremely happy.  Your effort for bazel which
> will finally a big step to get tensorflow in which is a precondition for
> several COVID-19 releavant packages is really welcome.

While having bazel in Debian would be awesome, did you consider just
implementing another build system for tensorflow and/or looking for some
fork/patches around?

It seems there used to be a contrib/cmake branch up till 1.15 with build
scripts:
https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/tree/r1.15/tensorflow/contrib/cmake
but it is no longer available/supported according to
https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/issues/28222.

So (i) that could be a starting point and/or (ii) maybe 1.15 is fine
enough for now?

Michael