ITP: bazel -- Fast and correct automated build system by Google

To those interested in Bazel in Debian:

We just had a very positive discussion with upstream and I think that finally getting Bazel into Debian is on the horizon. This endeavor is going to be larger than one person, in the long run if not right at this moment.

Therefore, I would like to create a Bazel packaging team in Debian since a team approach is what will ensure this build system remains viable and well-supported even after the short-term goal of helping to get software into Debian to address the COVID-19 pandemic.

If you are subscribed to this bug and are interested (or know someone who is), please let me know if you would like to be part of that team in some capacity. I am happy to continue coordinating this team and I am equally happy to pass that responsibility on if anyone else has a strong desire to do that. Since Kyle was previously working this project by himself, I definitely defer to him if he has the time and desire to lead the new team.

Looking forward to getting a good group of people together who can contribute to this, to whatever extent they are able!

-Olek