Re: sumatra uploaded using Debian packaged sumalibs

Hi Pierre,

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 05:50:51PM +0200, Pierre Gruet wrote:

> I have been getting in touch with upstream, who wish to postpone this task
> until they have more time to care for it.
> After we exchanged emails, they have published new versions of sumalibs,
> sumatra and sumaclust with my patch proposal for a regression I observed
> last week, but they reintegrated the sumalibs directory in sumaclust and
> sumatra: now sumalibs is present three times in their repositories.
> When I packaged them, I removed the directory from sumaclust and sumatra,
> adding ``+ds'' to the upstream version number.

Thanks a lot for your effort.

> > Its not that I personally love autoconf - I just found an example of it
> > and in all the years of Debian I gathered the most experience with this.
> > This should be no advise to use autoconf here.
>
> I have used CMake to package sumalibs in the way you did with
> libsmithwaterman. I have split it into libsuma1 which holds the shared
> library, and libsuma-dev which holds the static library and the symlink to
> the shared one.
>
> Besides:
> * I have used .install files for the libs in sumalibs, and put a .symbols
> file for libsuma1;
> * I have added a test, which builds and runs a simple program, for
> libsuma-dev, and provided it for autopkgtest and as an example;
> * sumaclust and sumatra now rely on libsuma1;
> * sumatra now has tests, written for autopkgtest and provided as examples.
>
> If you have time, I would appreciate a review of the three packages, which
> are in their three Salsa repositories.
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/sumaclust/
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/sumatra
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/sumalibs

This all sounds pretty sensible.  I've uploaded sumalibs to new since
the additional binary is requiring that detour.  Once it has hit
unstable I'll upload the two dependencies.

Thanks again for this very sensible work