Re: where to begin - covid biohackathon

Hi Dan!

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 3:24 PM <atencion@danigil.com> wrote:
To debian-mentors list,

I'm not a professional, my level at C / Unix is at Kerningham's Unix Programming Environment  (and I know a little CS from math courses)... it's really a dream for me to contribute... Can anyone tell me where to begin / references to material? Or where is the better place for this question (is this not in accord with the list's policy, yes I read it)?

Welcome to the effort! We're primarily coordinating our work on the Debian Med mailing list, copied above. Please have a look at our announcement message [1] for some good links to get you started. If you're comfortable with IRC, you can reach a member of the team at most hours on #debian-med at irc.debian.org. We also have a great needing-work page [2] and a daily video chat [3] at 15:00 UTC to coordinate our efforts and to discuss challenges. We're all here to help and to help answer any questions you may have! Welcome again!

-Olek

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2020/03/msg00010.html
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/2020-covid19-hackathon/-/wikis/COVID-19-Hackathon-packages-needing-work
[3] https://meet.jit.si/DebianMedCovid19