Please support COVID-19 BioHackathon and choose a free license for parts of your code to build blat

Hi Kent,

I've just opened

   https://github.com/ucscGenomeBrowser/kent/issues/32

Since we had also some past mail exchange which went also to our mailing
list I'm copying the content here:

Hi,

we had some past discussion about the licensing of the complete code of
this repository. I've understood that you did not consider this.
However, parts of the libraries are featuring an MIT license and I would
like you to consider to change the license of only those parts that
might enable us to package blat for Debian. Debian is currently joing
the COVID-19 Biohackathon and when doing so we intend to package
everything that could contribute to fight this disease. We would greatly
appreciate your contribution to this fight.  I have extracted the
following code parts as beeing necessary to successfully build blat
under Debian:

    src/blat/*
    src/jkOwnLib/*

The other directories that are needed for building are MIT licensed.
Once you are at it for other projects we could also use

    src/isPcr/*

While this is of lower importance as blat it would be great to choose
MIT or whatever free license you might decide for.

I would really appreciate your decision to change the license of this
part of your code and the Debian community would be thankful for this
contribution.