Re: RFS: sumaclust with autopkgtest

On Sat, Apr 04, 2020 at 11:48:39AM +0200, Pierre Gruet wrote:
> > I try to put high priority on newcomer contributions so I just take
> > my time for a review.  I can confirm that the tests are passing and
> > thus we could upload the package as is.
>
> Thanks a lot for the quick review!

You are welcome.  As I said: Newcomers first!

> > There is some additional feature we try to approach in Debian Med:
> > [...]  I wonder whether you could just write a
> > run-unit-test as a wrapper for your four single scripts and install
> > these all into /usr/share/doc/sumaclust/examples (together with
> > README.test).  IMHO this increases the value of the scripts for the end
> > user if it can be executed right on the local machine.
>
> I agree this is valuable to the user. I have written run-unit-test, using
> the one of package-template, and designed a debian/sumaclust.examples file
> to install it in /usr/share/doc/sumaclust/examples together with the four
> scripts and the README.test file.
> The wrapper script echoes one line per test, with its name and ``PASSED'' or
> ``FAILED''. I tested it on my computer after installation.

That's fine.

> I have not touched debian/tests/control, which still calls the four scripts
> instead of the wrapper run-unit-test. If you think it would be better to
> only call the wrapper, please tell me.

I don't mind about this.  You are one of the Uploaders of that package
and I will not override your decision if there is no good reason.

So I just uploaded.

Congratulation to your first Debian package in the pool.  Feel free to
pick more

    Andreas.

PS: You are also kindly invited to add an item on the Biohackathon Wiki
    in the personal reports section:

      https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/2020-covid19-hackathon/-/wikis/Covid-19-hackathon