Re: RFS: sumaclust with autopkgtest

Hi Pierre,

On Sat, Apr 04, 2020 at 09:57:29AM +0200, Pierre Gruet wrote:
> I have worked on sumaclust and pushed it on salsa [0] with version
> ``unreleased''.

I just had realised your commits to Git.  Thanks a lot for taking over
responsibility for sumaclust as Uploader and adding an autopkgtest.

> Lines have been suppressed in the last patch because upstream has made the
> necessary changes so that sumaclust builds.
> I have also provided autopkgtests, which check the executable works fine in
> a few simple cases. They all pass in a schroot.
>
> If time permits, could anyone please review it?

I try to put high priority on newcomer contributions so I just take
my time for a review.  I can confirm that the tests are passing and
thus we could upload the package as is.

There is some additional feature we try to approach in Debian Med:
The test scripts could be pretty useful for users as examples in

    /usr/share/doc/PACKAGENAME

This is demonstrated in our packaging template where we have an
example for a script that is always called run-unit-test

   https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/package_template/-/tree/master/debian%2Ftests

and there is also a template for a script we provide as README.test in
this Git repository.  I wonder whether you could just write a
run-unit-test as a wrapper for your four single scripts and install
these all into /usr/share/doc/sumaclust/examples (together with
README.test).  IMHO this increases the value of the scripts for the end
user if it can be executed right on the local machine.

> Thanks a lot and have a great day,

Same to you