Re: ncbi-igblast - compiles so much redundant general NCBI bits - wrong source tree?

Hi Steffen,

On Mon, Mar 02, 2020 at 07:58:56PM +0100, Steffen Möller wrote:
> igblast is something I want to see added to our distribution. It seems
> to compile, is also (almost) tests just fine. My concern is that there
> is so much shipping with it that has nothing to with immunoglobulins: It
> is alone 138 *.so files and 50 executables, of which only one is called
> "igblast" which I am after.  The other parts are redundant with the
> blast package.

Hmmm, reduncancy is not really a good idea.

> What should I do? Just take my binary of interest and leave the other
> stuff out?

Perhaps leaving out even the source makes sense.  I stripped down the
libucsc (blat) source heavily so that only remains what is really needed.
It uncovers some restrictions in specifying regular expressions in
Files-Excluded (which is not possible and not easy to implement).

> This ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/executables/igblast/release/1.15.0/ is
> where I got the source tree. It is not the case that igblast also occurs
> elsewhere, say together with the regular NCBI tools, and I am not aware
> of it.

What about asking upstream?