Re: BUG in ncbi-blast+

On 17/01/2020 09:10, Andreas Tille wrote:
[...]
Please let me know the proper way to report this BUG in med-bio?

Nitpicking: You do not iwant to report to med-bio (which is a different
package) - you want to report to the Debian BTS.  Since I know you are
usually using Ubuntu please refer to

Hi, Andreas.

OK, and thanks for explaining: I thought that because "ncbi-blast+" is a dependency of the "med-bio" metapackage I should report the BUG here...

[...]
since a mail needs to be sent by reportbug and you need a valid
smtphost (in case you do not have any valid one configured on your
local machine).

Hope this helps and thanks for reporting issues to Debian

Yes, it helps a lot :-)

I tried "reportbug", but Ubuntu prefers to use "ubuntu-bug" and a web-form on 'Launchpad' instead so I've reported the BUG there:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ncbi-blast+/+bug/1860109

I guess this will eventually find its way to the Debian BUG tracker.

Thanks for your help,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis@minke-informatics.co.uk