Re: [Bioperl-l] Fate of Bio::Perl newbie module?

Hi Christopher,

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 09:11:41PM +0000, Fields, Christopher J wrote:
> Just a quick update: I have pushed a quick release of Bio::DB::SwissProt, Bio::DB::RefSeq, and Bio::Procedural (which contains Bio::Perl) to CPAN.  I'm awaiting CPAN testing for the Bio::Procedural module (this will show up here: http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Bio-Procedural); the others seem to be passing.

Thanks for the update.  I need to admit I personally can not match these
modules to the old bioperl package and what might be missing in the new
what is needed for reverse dependencies.  I've consulted
codesearch.debian.net.  I have not found any reference to
Bio::Procedural.

Bio::DB::SwissProt is mentioned in libbio-db-biofetch-perl and bioperl.
Bio::DB::RefSeq is only mentioned in bioperl.  So it seems packaging
these to might have some value to gain the former functionality of
bioperl 1.7.3.

It would be nice if you ping here once the modules will hit CPAN.