Re: Refs to Conda - giving it a try after meeting Björn at a conference

Hi Andreas,

On 18.09.19 16:12, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Steffen,

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 03:25:19PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
I just met Björn from the Conda community over here at the GCB in
Heidelberg. Over some sweet cake we agreed that it would be good to mutually
reference our packages. And we find that it would be mutually beneficial to
develop some training material that references both conda and Debian
packages, allowing the focus to remain on the biology. The idea is to allow
for the smoothest possible transition from "Jugend forscht!"-/hobby/student
side projects to HPC environments and back, like to explain results to the
public. We had also some early thoughts about how to help automating the
exchange of links with some inter-distributional bots, also involving the
github-reinvented bio.tools.
Thanks for this effort.  I've seen your commits.

Thank you for preparing the udd.

The conda:channel syntax was meant to prepare for the many flavours of
conda that are out there. The root is with conda-force. And this is also
where the Debian-Science-maintained package datamash is:
https://anaconda.org/conda-forge/datamash .

To cater for that, I have added some extra lines, which you may already
have seen, too. The URL is slightly different, but the CSS should be the
same, I thought.

Does anybody of folks reading this attend their
upcoming BioHackathon in Paris?
I'm there and would be happy to meet Björn if he is as well.
This is good.

Best,

Steffen