Re: [MoM] phyx upstream update & changes (Was: Re: [MoM] lefse migration to python 3)

Hello Andreas,

> I confirm all tests are passing here as well.  Very good that this ended
> up in a fruitful cooperation with upstream.  Admitedly I would have loved
> even more if upstream would have merged our two patches (Python3 and the
> additional flags in Makefile.in (I wonder why upstream does not run into
> the same problem with missing -lnlopt_cxx -lnlopt options).
>
> At least the Python3 patch should be mandatory for the next release.

Great! I think opening up another request for definitive python3 in
their next release would be good so one less patch (and less mitigating
problem) to work with in the future. I am not sure with regards to
compiler flags but maybe their environment differs or auto-injects if
using some CI / build server.

Within the context of C/C++, I believe assertions and even uncaught
sudden exits auto-define a troubled run although I have not seen their
source to verify if there is such exit code, but at least the test now
erradicates this need.

> Thanks again for your thorough and really helpful work.  This brings
> up the idea whether you want to become a DM (Debian Maintainer).  You
> paced up really quickly through MoM into an active member of the team.

Progressing into a DM is something I would really like to have, but as I
am in the point of moving to another big city in life I have not been
able to accumulate any key signings, but this will strongly happen
within the next few weeks as I've spotted some potential DDs to verify
and sign my key.

Thanks again and Kind regards,
Shayan Doust