Re: Fasta3 is non-free just because of some Smith Waterman implementation (Was: Please choose a free license for fasta3 components)

Hi Andreas,

Regarding "Alex has once contacted upstream" note the sad news from
https://cryptogenomicon.org/2019/03/11/farrars-striped-simd-smith-waterman/

Kind regards,
Erik