Re: Fasta3 is non-free just because of some Smith Waterman implementation (Was: Please choose a free license for fasta3 components)

That is truly sad, indeed. Many thanks go to his widow and to Prof. Eddy
for caring. It is also an opportunity to think about how we as a
community can grow. A donation box for instance would never be enough to
feed the kids, but it would be something like a nice gesture about work
and his creator not being forgotten. We should possibly bring this up at
our next Sprint.

Thank for this pointer, Erik.

Steffen