Re: [MoM] New software to package

Hi Shayan,

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 10:30:04PM +0100, Shayan Doust wrote:
> Just a quick question. As my previous packages are on queue, would any
> changes need an entry into debian/changelog (for instance if I've edited
> debian/ or patches then increment the debian version of 1 and write a
> changelog description as to the change done)?

Since you have enhanced the d/copyright file a lot it is better if we
re-upload to new.  Its better if ftpmaster looks at the enhanced
d/copyright file instead of wasting time on an incomplete one.  So if
you confirm you are ready with your editings (may be by simply doing

    dch -i "Fixed changelog"

) I would upload this on top of the previous upload.

> I've stumbled on FAST[1]. I've been reading a bit about it and
> additionally, I am unable to find an existing package for this. If my
> observations are correct and no package or ITP exists, then this will be
> my next packaging attempt.

I checked since we have some packages with the string "fast" in the name
but I also did not found any work on this program.

> Additionally, I think I will start to phase out using "MoM", as I think
> I'm pretty much set now thanks to both (Andreas and Andrius) your help.

To make things clear:  MoM is not about finishing to help anybody but
rather to keep the motivation high for at least one month.  I hope you
got the idea that asking questions here is perfectly fine.

> I think the only thing I haven't experienced yet are other bug reports
> but I'm sure I will be able to figure out how to use the system. Any
> questions will hopefully be a lot sparser now than they initially were.
> I would also update the wiki too, but account creation has been disabled
> and I would have to write an email.

Apropos bug reports.  If you like you can also have a look at

   http://bugs.debian.org/debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org

which lists all open bugs against bugs in Debian Med.  Some of these
might be hard but some not to complicated.  In case you might spot some
bug that you feel able to fix this could be another interesting lesson
how to contribute.

Kind regards and thanks for all your work

        Andreas.