Re: aevol and X

On 7/23/19 1:38 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Dear Saira,

Hi Andreas!

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 11:12:09AM +0100, Saira Hussain wrote:

After trying to incorporate the Xvfb on my tests (not with great success)

Would you mind committing what you tried anyway.  It should not be a
problem to get this working in principle.  You can find examples in the
packages gdpc, njplot, praat and artemis.  I'd consider this the simple
solution.

Yes I will do that. Thanks for the hint, I will have a look at those packages before I commit.

I think I will give up this option and just test the experimental generation
with aevol. That should be the most important part of the process in any
case.

Can someone help me use the example files (that is ${pkg}/examples) and show
me the best way to copy them into my AUTOPKGTEST?

I'm not sure whether I understand your question.  The examples dir is
available in your autopkgtest dir since it has the full source archive.
Mmm silly me. See below.

May be you mix it up with the run-unit-tests example which we us in the
Debian Med tests which relies on the fact that all test data are
available in one of the binary packages.  That would mean that you
create a file debian/examples containing

     examples/*

or so to move these files into the binary package.  No idea if it is
this what you mean.

Yes that's exactly what I meant. The folders being named both examples made me think that this is like the Median Deb autopkgtest example folder.

Sorry for the confusion but I didn't seem to be able to grasp around it! I think now it's more clear to me :)

Thanks
SH