Re: [MoM] Packaging mindthegap (Was: [MoM] Packaging mindthemap)

On 2019-07-04 10:47, Andreas Tille wrote:
Not really a problem.  To my observation chances for racing conditions
in development of one Debian Med package are pretty low.  If you've found
a solution for a problem somebody has mentioned here it makes sense to
push frequently to enable the team member continue to work.

Thanks Andreas. I will now hesitate less :)

Thanks to Andrius' contribution the cmake issue should be solved.  At
least in my pbuilder the build process is starting.  Now I was stumbling
upon missing Build-Depends.

I trace the problem to missing Depends of libgatbcore2. This library depends at least on HDF5 libraries, but does not pull them in together. The problem manifests in build log of gatb-core [1]:

   dh_shlibdeps -a -O--sourcedirectory=gatb-core
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol gzread used by debian/libgatbcore2/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgatbcore.so.2 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol H5Aexists used by debian/libgatbcore2/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgatbcore.so.2 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol H5Dread used by debian/libgatbcore2/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgatbcore.so.2 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol pthread_create used by debian/libgatbcore2/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgatbcore.so.2 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol H5Awrite used by debian/libgatbcore2/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgatbcore.so.2 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol H5Aclose used by debian/libgatbcore2/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgatbcore.so.2 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol H5Pset_layout used by debian/libgatbcore2/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgatbcore.so.2 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol pthread_attr_setstacksize used by debian/libgatbcore2/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgatbcore.so.2 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol H5T_NATIVE_UINT64_g used by debian/libgatbcore2/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgatbcore.so.2 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol H5Fcreate used by debian/libgatbcore2/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgatbcore.so.2 found in none of the libraries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: 57 other similar warnings have been skipped (use -v to see them all)

Thus dpkg-shlibdeps is unable to autodetect Depends of libgatbcore2. Do you know how to fix it? I'll file a bug report.

As for mindthegap, adding indirect build-depends doesn't sound elegant to me (it's better to fix the gatb-core). For the time being (and the MoM) I guess we can add them with a notice in debian/todo to remove them once the problem with gatb-core is solved.

Best,
Andrius

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=gatb-core&arch=amd64&ver=1.4.1%2Bgit20181225.44d5a44%2Bdfsg-3&stamp=1560944266&raw=0

--
Andrius Merkys
Vilnius University Institute of Biotechnology, Saulėtekio al. 7, room V325