Re: ePCR subfolder

On 6/14/19 3:13 PM, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:
Hi,

Hi Liubov,
On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 at 15:35, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu <mailto:andreas@an3as.eu>> wrote:

    Dear Saira,

    On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 02:24:39PM +0100, Saira Hussain wrote:
     > > > Great. I followed your suggestion on doing that. I am
    entering a schroot and
     > > > the running a debuild inside there! Thanks :)
     > > >

     > > By chance I'm stumbling about this sentence of yours (I was a bit
     > > offline-ish last weekend).  Please do *not* enter a schroot
    *manually*
     > > and than run anything.  You should either use pbuilder or
    sbuild.  Both
     > > are quite equivalent tools (I prefer pbuilder since I always
    had trouble
     > > to setup sbuild but may be that's just me) and do everything
    for you.

     > I was probably a bit unclear as I was trying different methods at
    the time.
     > I am now indeed using indeed pbuilder in order to create build!
    The problem
     > I had with pbuilder initially was that I got the following message:
     > Can't build Debian source package - dpkg-source: error: can't
    build with
     > source format '3.0 (quilt)'

    Uhmmmm, I've never read that and I'm using pbuilder for >10 years.  It
    does not make any sense at all.

Saira, I guess it is because you do not have an upstream tarball. I am getting a similar error with sbuild:

dpkg-source: error: can't build with source format '3.0 (quilt)': no upstream tarball found at ../<your_package>.orig.tar.{bz2,gz,lzma,xz}

I have just tested: deleting d/source/format really makes possible to build the package without upstream tarball O_o But, of course, this is not a proper way.

To regenerate upstream tarball, I am using these commands:
$ pristine-tar list
$ pristine-tar checkout ../<tarball>
Yes, that solved my problem!

Thanks so much :)