q2templates: how to deal with source-is-missing lintian errors

Hi,

I am getting two lintian errors:

E: q2templates source: source-is-missing q2templates/templates/assets/js/bootstrap.min.js
E: q2templates source: source-is-missing q2templates/templates/assets/js/jquery-3.2.0.min.js

As I understood, these two files should be removed from the upstream tarball and then I can just symlink the existing libraries (/usr/share/_javascript_/bootstrap/js/bootstrap.min.js and /usr/share/_javascript_/jquery/jquery.min.js) to their location. Please, correct me here if this is not an appropriate solution?

Then, if I really need to repack the upstream tarball, what are the steps here to follow? I have found some instructions [1], although they seem quite old. Can I follow, for example, the last "Easier Method"? Should I use +ds suffix for a new tarball?

With regards,
Liubov

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Diaspora/Packaging/origsource