Re: Debian Med package for MrBayes

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 12:20:38PM +0100, Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri wrote:

> Hi Andreas,

:-)

> I'm just writing to say that we have finally managed to make a GitHub
> release of MrBayes 3.2.7 (yesterday).  We realize that we may have
> missed the buster freeze, but it MrBayes code is there anyway and we'd
> be happy if you had an opportunity to look at it (and possibly later
> include it, or a later release, in testing or equivalent).

I will surely upgrade MrBayes into Debian (it is official Debian not
some specific Debian Med derivative - we are just the team that cares
for bioinformatics and medicine ;-) ) once the next development cycle
will start.

> We are sorry for the delay. It was mainly due to work load issues
> leading to difficulties in coordinating neccesary meetings etc.

No problem.  It always happens that some software is not part of a
release in its latest version.  We are supporting backports of software
at request of our users so no real harm is done.

Thanks a lot for keeping us informed