Re: dcm2niix -- I have an intent to take over (still under Debian Med team), objections?

On Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 06:39:15AM +0100, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
> > I would be happy to move it to salsa.  I just pointed to it as the one
> > we currently use
> >
> > I guess I would then move it to dcm2niix-epoch1 smth like that (on salsa
> > i.e.) so previous versions could be found from the original
> > dcm2niix repo (to which I would also add a commit obliterating
> > everything and stating to look into that -epoch1 repo)
> >

> Please use the original packaging work on salsa and keep the history intact.
>
> I don't see what would prevent you from rebasing the work done on
> Neurodebian on top of mine. Epoch bumps don't justify history rewrites or
> new repositories, imo.

I agree with Ghislain.  Feel free to simply rebase your packaging but
please keep the same repository name.  We have the policy that the
package resides in a repository with the same name as the source package
(and some of our tools are relying on this) and I do not see any reason
to diverge from it.  There is also no point in keeping an unused
repository of the old packaging around.