Re: dcm2niix -- I have an intent to take over (still under Debian Med team), objections?

Le lun. 3 déc. 2018 à 22:39, Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com> a écrit :

On Mon, 03 Dec 2018, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hi Yaroslav,

> On Mon, Dec 03, 2018 at 03:36:19PM -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> > Chris asked me to take over maintenance in Debian as well, and Ghislain
> > blessed me as well.

> Fine for me.

> > To minimize amount of work for myself, I would like
> > to continue with NeuroDebian packaging, just polishing it up (copyright
> > file and may be some cleanup).  How NeuroDebian packaging is
> > different (dropping historical perspective) ATM it is at
> > http://github.com/neurodebian/dcm2niix

> Please do not do this.  The development platform for Debian packages is
> salsa.debian.org and *lots* of QA tools are relying to find the packaging
> code here.  I do not mind about the team but I mind a lot about the host
> any Blends package can be found.

I would be happy to move it to salsa.  I just pointed to it as the one
we currently use

I guess I would then move it to dcm2niix-epoch1 smth like that (on salsa
i.e.) so previous versions could be found from the original
dcm2niix repo (to which I would also add a commit obliterating
everything and stating to look into that -epoch1 repo)

Please use the original packaging work on salsa and keep the history intact.

I don't see what would prevent you from rebasing the work done on Neurodebian on top of mine. Epoch bumps don't justify history rewrites or new repositories, imo.

Unless I misunderstood your intent. It's not 100% clear to me.

> > - main difference is our git repo sitting on top of the upstream so we
> >   also can produce an .orig. tarball with dcm_qa submodule which
> >   provides data for testing of correct operation.  That increases the
> >   tarball size but IMHO it is worth it!

> I do not mind about the tarball size.

I also didn't but current one (280MB) made me think... not sure yet what
thoughts it would give ;)

> > ... removed all agreeed upon ...

> > Please let me know what you think

> All those packaging details sound sensible but please, pretty
> please stick to salsa.d.o.

sure

> Thank you for your work on this package

Cheers!