Re: Bio-Linux

Hi Tony,

On Mon, Aug 06, 2018 at 11:48:58AM +0200, Tony Travis wrote:
> > Please have a look at
> >
> >     https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/biolinux
> >
> > To have some content I have choosen a copy of med-bio for biolinux-desktop
> > and med-bio-dev for biolinux-server which is definitely *not* sensible, but
> > works as a test case.  Please adapt the tasks (including the Description in
> > the top) to your preference.  Once you have something reasonable I'll setup
> > the websentinel config to have tasks pages for BioLinux.
>
> I've just had a look, but I see all packages set as 'Recommends' - How
> do I configure them to be installed?

Recommends are installed on default installations.  You need to force
apt by --no-install-recommends in case you want to stop apt from doing
this and this is how metapackages should work.  You once installed

    apt-get install med-bio

and got all the Recommends, right?

> The main packages in the server metapackage are the Apache web server
> and Galaxy, plus the x2go server. Neither of these are useful on a
> 'live' USB/DVD or minimal install on a low-spec PC.

Just add these packages to the server package (and for sure remove what
needs to be removed.  It seems there is some packaging work left for
galaxy server).

> > Please check all files for spelling issues etc.  There is no point in
> > manually editing debian/control or biolinux-tasks.desc since these are
> > autogenerated.  You get them by
> >
> >      make dist
> >
> > Hope this helps over the first hurdle but keep on asking here.  I'll be
> > more responsive soon (just in the train back home from DebConf).
>
> It helps a LOT!

:-)

> > Thanks for the effort to merge BioLinux and Debian Med - I'm positive
> > about a great and productive cooperation
>
> Me too :-)

Happy to contribute to BioLinux