Re: using upstream tag instead of tarball

Dear Andreas,

On 13/07/18 22:00, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Emmanuel,

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 06:33:13PM +0200, Emmanuel Promayon wrote:
In upstream we are also using a local gitlab instance to host our project
(hosted on gricad-gitlab.univ-grenoble-alpes.fr).
As far as I know gitlab provides a method to generate a downloadable tarball
from tags.  You can steal the according watch line from the wiki page

    https://wiki.debian.org/debian/watch#Gitlab

and adapt it to your Gitlab instance.
Thank your for this suggestion, this works very well.
I will use this mechanism until I understand a little bit more about how to link upstream directly.

Best regards,
Emmanuel