Re: RFS: bioSyntax -- Syntax highlighting for computational biology

Hi Dylan,

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 10:17:57PM +0200, Dylan Aïssi wrote:
> > Uploaded.  Could you please make some suggestion in what task
> > (=metapackage) we should put what binary package?  I'm undecided between
> > med-bio and med-bio-dev and which binary package should be mentioned in
> > that task(s).
>
> Thanks for the upload.
>
> I did a pull request (I don't have enough rights to push directly):

Merged and added to the team to give you commit permission for the next
time.

> put biosyntax-gedit into the med-bio task. I selected med-bio and not
> med-bio-dev because this package is to help to visualize sequences and
> not to help in development of bioinformatics applications. I chose to
> mention only biosyntax-gedit and not the others almost randomly,
> probably because I use gedit more frequently than others. But this
> should not be a big problem, because next time that biosyntax will
> need to go in the new queue (probably quickly because upstream is
> working on a plugin for nano), I will create a meta package (=
> biosyntax-all), so we will be able to mention only this meta-package
> in our tasks (right approach?).

Sounds OK for me.  We can also add the other packages as Suggests.  I
admit I'm unsure what might be the most sensible solution.  I think
there is no right or wrong in this question.