Re: RFP for bioperl's Bio-EUtilities

On 6 February 2017 at 21:03, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> Hi Carnė,
>
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 06:28:53PM +0000, Carnė Draug wrote:
>> >
>> > I'd happily add you as Uploader to the package.  You can feel free to
>> > either maintain it in Debian Med team or move it to pkg-perl at your
>> > preference.
>>
>> Sounds good to me.  What do I need to do for that?  I have pulled from
>> the repo in debian-med and started to make some changes so it fits in
>> pkg-perl team.  Should show up at
>>
>>     https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-perl/packages/libbio-eutilities-perl.git
>>
>> eventually.
>
> Hmmm, currently we have
>
> $ apt-cache showsrc libbio-eutilities-perl | grep -e Vcs-Git -e Maintainer -e Uploaders
> Maintainer: Debian Med Packaging Team <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>
> Uploaders: Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
> Vcs-Git: https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/libbio-eutilities-perl.git
>
> I'm perfectly fine with moving to a different team but I personally
> would loose oversight by joining another team.  So if you intend to
> maintain the package in this team you should replace my name in
> Uploaders by yours (I could sponsor the package for sure).
>
> So if you are honest about the move to the Perl team and you clarified
> that the Perl team is fine with this, I'd suggest to upload your changes
> soon to make sure that the uploaded package is featuring the correct
> Vcs-Git field.  Otherwise we might see competing changes in different
> repositories which would lead to confusion.

I have changed the Uploaders and Maintainers name to use my name and
Debian perl team [1].  I have spoke with on #debian-perl and they're
ok with me taking over the package there.  And I'm honest about it, I
have now packaged 8 perl packages [2].

>> One thing I noticed is a comment on d/copyright that mentions to
>> acknowledge CSHL in case of publications.
>>
>>   https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/libbio-eutilities-perl.git/tree/debian/copyright#n8
>>
>> I couldn't find this notice on the actual distribution.  Where does it
>> come from?
>
> Good question - it comes either from a previous version or is a
> cut-n-pasto.  Feel free to drop it and let me know what repository
> should be used for uploading.

I have removed the comment from d/copyright.  I didn't realize a new
release wold be necessary just for the takeover (I also configured the
package with autopkgtest but nothing that would change what gets
installed).  A new release is now pending review from a Debian
developer.

Carnë

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-perl/packages/libbio-eutilities-perl.git/log/
[2] https://udd.debian.org/dmd/?carandraug%2Bdev%40gmail.com#todo