Re: RFP for bioperl's Bio-EUtilities

Hi Carnë,

On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 06:28:53PM +0000, Carnë Draug wrote:

> > I'd happily add you as Uploader to the package.  You can feel free to
> > either maintain it in Debian Med team or move it to pkg-perl at your
> > preference.
>
> Sounds good to me.  What do I need to do for that?  I have pulled from
> the repo in debian-med and started to make some changes so it fits in
> pkg-perl team.  Should show up at
>
>     https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-perl/packages/libbio-eutilities-perl.git
>
> eventually.

Hmmm, currently we have

$ apt-cache showsrc libbio-eutilities-perl | grep -e Vcs-Git -e Maintainer -e Uploaders
Maintainer: Debian Med Packaging Team <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Uploaders: Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
Vcs-Git: https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/libbio-eutilities-perl.git

I'm perfectly fine with moving to a different team but I personally
would loose oversight by joining another team.  So if you intend to
maintain the package in this team you should replace my name in
Uploaders by yours (I could sponsor the package for sure).

So if you are honest about the move to the Perl team and you clarified
that the Perl team is fine with this, I'd suggest to upload your changes
soon to make sure that the uploaded package is featuring the correct
Vcs-Git field.  Otherwise we might see competing changes in different
repositories which would lead to confusion.

> One thing I noticed is a comment on d/copyright that mentions to
> acknowledge CSHL in case of publications.
>
>   https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/libbio-eutilities-perl.git/tree/debian/copyright#n8
>
> I couldn't find this notice on the actual distribution.  Where does it
> come from?

Good question - it comes either from a previous version or is a
cut-n-pasto.  Feel free to drop it and let me know what repository
should be used for uploading.