Re: [Outreachy] Hi all!

Dear Andreas ,

thank you! I will move forward and implement all your suggestions.

I did download the source package (and then build the binary packages) , it is quite complete except from the /tests directory.
Maybe because Linux Mint shares some repos with the Debian distribution , however not the unstable one? That is curious :)

I had an extended look to the previous months of discussion in the mailing list but i didn't found any mention on the Debian Med policy.
Thank you it was exactly what i was looking for.

Kind regards,
Kate

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 5:17 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Dear Kate,

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 04:44:18PM +0200, ka lou wrote:
> Dear all!
>
> Another fast update regarding my latest efforts to start with testing
> debian packages:)
>
> As i mentioned in my last email , i successfully managed to build the above
> mentioned packages from source (i.e tophat, bwa) and produce the desired
> *.deb file.
>
> However , i still fail to have a *\debian\tests directory inside either of
> these packages.

This directory is insite the source package.  It is just inside the
source you downloaded (if you have no to old version for whatever reason
- just make sure you download the source package from unstable.  There
is nothing you need to create - but something that exists and where you
can learn from.

> After some online research , i believe the problem is the fact that i am
> running a linux machine and my /etc/apt/sources.list does not have a
> deb-src repository.

Well, yes, than you can not follow the `apt-get source` advise but you
can alternatively go to

    https://tracker.debian.org

seek for the source package, specifically the *.dsc file, copy the link
to the *.dsc file and do

    dget <link_to_dsc_file>

I wonder how you managed to build the binary packages without having
the source package ...

> I did try to add such a repository , but i had problems with the keys
> validation.

You should be more verbose what exact problem you have.  Just post the
line you typed and the result you got here to get better help.

> I will continue my research, however if anyone knows some helpful tutorial
> on how to properly setup a debian repository in LInux mint,
>  or has any other idea of what the problem might be it will be really
> helpful!! (Maybe it means that i should run sbuild after all?)

The Debian Med policy which I'm frequently pointing to contains some
essential readings:

   https://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#readings

Hope this helps