Re: Auto creation of docker images from Debian (Med) packages?

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > we auto generate docker images using their stock utility (stockbrew or what it became), see https://github.com/neurodebian/dockerfiles

> > For singularity, we auto generate just one "ultimate one" - https://github.com/neurodebian/neurodebian/blob/master/Singularity on singularity hub

> thanks for your always helpful hints.

> I'd like to repeat myself again:  We definitely should think wider and
> try to generalise what those NeuroDebian guys are doing for Blend *in*
> general.  The effort to adapt it specifically to Debian Med is most
> probably close to the same but we open the chance to attract developers
> of other Blends to contribute to this idea.

> Again: Please think widely.  This will finally help also NeuroDebian
> once they might realise that all their stuff will be provided by a
> common Blends framework. ;-)

If I think just a bit wider might thought will become transparent...

meanwhile -- might be a good time to realize the blend-wide thoughts
into action -- new singularity (I will look into updating the package
for experimental for now) is out with new "toys":
checkout http://singularity.lbl.gov/release-2-4
in particular:

Singularity Registry If you want to host your own Registry, we listened and you are in luck! Singularity Registry is ready for your use, along with a portal for you to “register your registry” to make it easier to share your images. Singularity Hub, along with improved building and updated builders, will follow this release.

and it is still lonely there in the sregistry:
https://singularityhub.github.io/containers/ so blends could shine there!

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Center for Open Neuroscience     http://centerforopenneuroscience.org