Re: Auto creation of docker images from Debian (Med) packages?

On 10/11/2017 05:26 PM, Michael Crusoe wrote:
Hello,

A quick internet search failed me, so my apologies if the answer to this is well known.

Is there a service that automatically builds software containers for each Debian Med application* package?

As discussed at this week's biocontainers workshop, while they themselves won't be building containers for non-bioconda packages, they are happy to list container images built by other communities.

So wherever we have a Debian package for a bio/med app that isn't in bioconda, it would be nice to auto create a Docker/Singularity container for inclusion in the biocontainers.pro registry. Since the container build process would be mostly just `apt install ${package}` (and thus fairly quick) we can leverage existing free services to keep these up to date.
Hi Mickael,
with the new continuous integration I gonna implement in biocontainers, I will inject all debianmed "binary" packages that do not have a bioconda equivalent (request from biocontainers team) and thus create docker/singularity containers at regular interval, based of course on a Debian container image.
But those will not be *official* debian containers, just an initiative to make them available.

*Non-library, non-dev, non-service. Basically the command line tools used by researchers to perform data analysis and transformation.

--
Olivier Sallou
IRISA / University of Rennes 1

gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438