Re: hello post DebConf, and inquiry regarding Debian Bio/Med and the possibility of mentorship

Dear Debian Med Team,

I am hoping to find a mentor for the upcoming Outreachy program.  The deadline is Sept 17th, but I’m not sure what timezone that’s for.  Andreas asked me to forward my questions to this mailing list.  Specifically I’m wondering if adding more strict autotests would count as my minor contribution during the evaluation period of the Outreachy program.

Andreas,

Will you accept me as a candidate for the Outreachy program, and can I submit my application to them naming you as my mentor?  I have read Outreachy round15 on the wiki, and have also read about MoM program.  I understand that there is a six week candidacy evaluation period where I must make a minor contribution.  Does my minor contribution have to be new package, and does it need to follow the MoM structure?  Or is that structure what is used for the three months of my Outreachy work?  Or is the minor contribution something much simpler?

-Josée