Re: Python-pysam 0.12 released, could someone please care?

Hi, Andreas,

On September 3, 2017 11:50:05 PM PDT, Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> wrote:
>Hi Afif,
>
>I noticed that you commited some promising changes.  They are depending
>from bcftools 1.5 which is only in experimental.  From my point of view
>it makes sense to move bcftools 1.5 to unstable to enable building
>python-pysam in unstable as well.  Any reason to be more carefully and
>stick to experimental?

Well, the build is still not successful. I've filed an issue upstream for one set of test failures [1] and there is another test failure due to a segmentation fault that needs some investigation.

If I move bcftools to Unstable now, we'd need to file an RC bug against it to prevent its migration and breaking of the current pysam version in Testing.

regards
Afif

1. https://github.com/pysam-developers/pysam/issues/534