Re: CI for filo (Was: Outreachy 2017 (Round 14))

Le Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 08:37:28AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> In principle the best idea would be to convince upstream to choose less
> generic names but I think development of filo is stalled.

Hi all,

indeed the development of filo is stalled.

Filo contains three binaires:

/usr/lib/filo/groupBy
/usr/lib/filo/shuffle
/usr/lib/filo/stats

 * groupBy is the main program in the filo package.  It was branched off the
   groupBy command in bedtools, but then the author changed his mind.

   https://github.com/arq5x/bedtools2/issues/418#issuecomment-238037963

 * shuffle has for shure many possible alternatives elsewhere.

 * stats was handy, but I think that it is quite superseded by datamash.

Altogether, I am regularly tempted to request the removal of filo.  But if we
do so, we need to update bedtools to make it ship its own groupBy command
again.  This is not difficult, but probably not the best moment either.

Shall we remove filo after the Release ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles