CI for filo (Was: Outreachy 2017 (Round 14))

[Changing subject to split the two competing topics]

Hi Büşra,

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 12:56:40AM +0300, Canberk Koç wrote:
                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^ :-)
> I was working on filo and find out something. Filo binaries goes to
> /usr/lib/filo section and i think it is wrong . They make these changes
> because binary names are too generic should i make link them to bin
> directory with filo-* like name ?

That's a good idea.  I have added Charles and Kevin who are maintaining
this package in CC and hope they will add some good advise.

There is an additional option which you can follow.  Please see packages
diamond-aligner or fsa for examples, how we could use orginal names in a
Debian Med scope - the debian/README* files should explain what is done
and debian/{install,links} should show what technically needs to be
done.

In principle the best idea would be to convince upstream to choose less
generic names but I think development of filo is stalled.