Re: RFP fpr bioperl's Bio-EUtilities

Hi Carnë,

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 05:44:00PM +0000, Carnë Draug wrote:
> I have filled a RFP (bug # 852004) for bioperl's Bio-EUtilities
> package [1].  Unlike Bio-Coordinate, which was split from bioperl and
> was recently packaged in Debian, Bio-EUtilities development started
> already after bioperl commenced its splitting.
>
> I was wondering if it was possible for the debian-med team to package
> it.  While I am not a debian maintainer, I am one of the
> Bio-EUtilities developers, have an interest on seeing it packaged in
> Debian, and I'm willing to support it upstream.

I have commited some initial packaging to

   https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/libbio-eutilities-perl.git

This build fails due to the failure of several tests - as far as I can
see due to the attempt to access the internet.  It would help if you
could provide an option: "Just do all tests than can be done offline"
since the Debian packaging process needs to run fully offline.