Re: possible guidance on installing conquest dicom server on ubuntu 14 server?

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 08:43:59AM +0000, Salil Soman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been struggling to get conquest server working on my ubuntu 14.04
> machien and was wondering if anyone could provide guidance on the ability
> to use the following package for ubuntu 14.04 installation:
>
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/conquest-dicom-server
>
> If possible, any suggestions on how to do this installation would be a
> great help.

Since this is the *Debian* Med list I'm not sure whether you can find
sufficient Ubuntu knowledge to get a helpful answer here (but may be you
are lucky anyway.)  Otherwise I'd recommend to ask on one of the Ubuntu
user forums but if you do so you should probably more information than:
"struggling to get conquest server working".  If you could get some help
somewhere else it would be nice to add a pointer here in case others
might have the same problem.

What I can definitely say that future Ubuntu versions (> 16.10) will
*not* contain the conquest-dicom-server package any more since it was
removed from Debian due to a build issue with gcc 6 (see #831100[1]).
Unfortunately the former maintainers have left the Debian Med team and
nobody had the time and knowledge to provide the necessary care for this
package.  If you know somebody who is willing to work on the packaging
or will be able to provide patches I'd volunteer to re-upload the
package to Debian again.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/831100