Re: Web page and source code of PCMA vanished

Hi Jimin,

thanks for pointing me quickly into the right direction.  It would be
great if you could possibly add a version to the downloadable tarball to
enable users quickly realising if the code was upgraded.

After revisiting the source code I have enother question about the
license.  The README file says:

  NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENCE from the authors of Clustal W (gibson@embl-heidelberg.de,
  thompson@embl-heidelberg.de or d.higgins@ucc.ie).  According to this policy,
  PCMA is free for non-commercial uses.  Commercial uses are disallowed.

The code for clustalw was freed in version 2.1 and is now licensed under
GNU Lesser General Public License version 3 or later.  So in principle
you are now free to choose a free license also for your own pcma code.
If you would consider this we could really package it for main Debian
as the Debian Med team would like to do.