Re: Doc package in seqan remains empty

Hi Kevin,

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 10:35:59AM +0100, Kevin Murray wrote:

> Doh! I was actually working on this on the plane yesterday.

:-)

> The doc build kind
> of works once the dependencies are fulfilled. I have a (apparently stalled)
> request to add the packages I have made to the DPMT.

May be you should ping there.  Usually acceptance in active teams does
not take that long so it might be lost somewhere.

> > > I also noticed that if we want to deal with the docs need to care for
> > > several *.js files without source.
>
> I propose a couple of options:
>
> 1: We can drop the docs package, upload 2.0.1 with just libseqan-dev and get a
>    modern seqan into Debian now. Then deal with the docs at a later date (once
>    DPMT uploads packages etc).

In this case we could simply drop the *.js files in question.  Since I
think we should upload to experimental first to check all the
dependencies first I'm somehow in favour of this option (besides the
fact that new binary packages mean an extra cycle through new.

> 2: Just keep the python deps under Debian Med and make a seqan-docs-dev package
>    containing their custom python module and associated javascript. This would
>    get the docs in sooner, but seems a bit of a kludge to me (and goes against
>    the DPMT's request to maintain the python deps in their team, which I think
>    we can all agree is where they belong).

I would not see any problem in commiting the packaging for the Python
modules into Debian Med Git and move over the Git archive to DPMT.  You
might like to consider this if your ping might remain unanswered for
further three days.

> You may have figured I would prefer option 1 above for now. I can help with
> this next week.

So we share the same preference - your help is really welcome.

> Kevin  --  who is at last on the same continent as you guys

Welcome in Europe - hope you enjoy your trip