Re: Doc package in seqan remains empty

Hi Guys,

On 18:39 22/01, Michael Crusoe wrote:
> I'll email the team; am trying to build a partnership with them for other
> reasons.
>
> Vin, 22 ian. 2016, 16:45, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> a scris:
>
> > Hi Kevin,
> >
> > I worked a bit on seqan and injected the latest upstream version
> > (2.0.1).  I have no idea whether the seqan-doc package that was injected
> > by you worked in 2.0.0 but now it remains empty.  I also admit I have no
> > idea how to create the docs (either in dox or manual or both?).

Doh! I was actually working on this on the plane yesterday. The doc build kind
of works once the dependencies are fulfilled. I have a (apparently stalled)
request to add the packages I have made to the DPMT.

> > Could anybody with upstream contact please clarify?
> >
> > I also noticed that if we want to deal with the docs need to care for
> > several *.js files without source.

I propose a couple of options:

1: We can drop the docs package, upload 2.0.1 with just libseqan-dev and get a
   modern seqan into Debian now. Then deal with the docs at a later date (once
   DPMT uploads packages etc).

2: Just keep the python deps under Debian Med and make a seqan-docs-dev package
   containing their custom python module and associated javascript. This would
   get the docs in sooner, but seems a bit of a kludge to me (and goes against
   the DPMT's request to maintain the python deps in their team, which I think
   we can all agree is where they belong).

You may have figured I would prefer option 1 above for now. I can help with
this next week.

Cheers,
Kevin  --  who is at last on the same continent as you guys

---
Kevin Murray
0xA4B4EE6A