Re: Packging jModelTest for Debian and versioning

Hi Andreas,

I though I have already answered. Sorry for that. Effectively, that is the project for BrowserLauncher.

I will upload the next release for ProtTest in the next days. The dependency has been removed, but there is also a recently found bug I need to fix.

Best,
Diego.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 11:12:40PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Diego,

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 04:58:56PM +0100, Diego Darriba wrote:
> I have just released a new revision. There was no dependency on Netbeans library in jModelTest (that
> was in ProtTest, instead).

Ahh sorry, I mixed this up.  The netbeans dependency from ProtTest just
prevented me from backporting to current Debian stable.  It would be
nice if you could ping me if you have removed the netbeans dependency -
I think I remember that you intended to get rid of netbeans.

> The new version allows for using the PhyML binary located at /usr/bin/phyml.
> The changes are listed here:
>
> https://github.com/ddarriba/jmodeltest2/blob/master/src/main/resources/CHANGELOG

These changes look good.  I can remove the encoding patch.

> >> I checked this out and noticed that the BrowserLauncher is now the only
> >> thing left for packaging to fullfill all prerequisites for jmodeltest.
> >> I guess it is this project:
> >>
> >>    http://browserlaunch2.sourceforge.net/
> >>
> >> right?

You did not confirmed this.  This is the only missing dependency in the
current jmodeltest which prevents me from creating the package.