Re: New version of ncbi-blast+ available

On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 09:50:37AM -0500, Aaron M. Ucko wrote:

> My understanding is that going through NEW is necessary only when
> *adding* binary packages; dropping the old -dbg packages certainly
> didn't require it.  As such, ncbi-blast+ might have to go through NEW
> when it takes over blast2 (unless there's a special provision for
> takeovers), but ncbi-tools6 should be fine.

I was thinking about blast2 and at least to my poor understanding also
droping binary packages requires a detour via new queue but I might be
wrong here.  In any case it would be sad to delay an upload which
enables more testing just because an issue on a not released
architecture.  For instance the recent upload of ncbi-tools6 caused a
build issue in python-cogent (see #847082) which I detected quickly by
pure chance.  Having some more testing in unstable before the freeze
might be something we should gain for.