Re: [MoM] packaging emperor

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 11:39:44PM -0700, Afif Elghraoui wrote:

> Thanks for pointing this out, Andreas. I went ahead and did this
> conversion. Even if Kerim is comfortable with SVN, I am not so much. The
> repository URL is now:
>
> ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/emperor.git

Perfect.  I removed the remainings from SVN.  Usually I drop a
README.status but this package was never released so nobody will really
miss it there. :-)

> Kerim, I would suggest now that you file an intent to package emperor.
> See <http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#itp>. Andreas
> likes to do this after packaging is completed, but I think it helps to
> have it early in order to log progress of the packaging, even if it does
> not get completed anytime soon.

Just a note: Its perfectly correct to teach newcomers the right
behaviour to ITP soon.  There is no point in sticking to my personal
decision to ITP quite late in the packaging process.

> Once that is up, I can look for old discussion threads regarding
> Andreas' previous packaging effort and post them to the log for reference.

I think there is not much left.  I'd rather start with the new upstream
version (which is not reported by d/watch since letters in "beta" are not
checked for - which might be right or wrong depending from your decision
whether we intend to package those beta version or not).

Afif, thanks for volunteering to mentor.

Have fun with MoM both