[MoM] packaging emperor (Was: MoM Application)

Hi Kerim,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 09:37:43PM +0300, Kerim Ölçer wrote:
> Hi Afif

I do not want to stop Afif but meanwhile I have some hints:

> i chose emperor https://github.com/biocore/emperor/
> where can i find example for python packaging

I think there is quite some packaging stuff for emperor in Debian Med
SVN[1].  I once converted several projects from SVN to Git since Canberk
was not comfortable with SVN.  Since I was doing something on emperor
in the past I'd volunteer to do this conversion if needed.  Just ask me
to do so.

I admit I do not remember why I stoped with the packaging of emperor.
It might be there were some compressed JavaScript files with no
uncompressed source.  In any case it would be a quite interesting
project.

> what should i do now

As I said add a row to the MoM Wiki page (and add Afif as mentor if he
volunteers to do so).  Than please follow the Debian Med policy document
(linked from the MoM Wiki page) to get an account at alioth.debian.org
to get commit permissions to Git (or SVN).

[1] svn://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/python-emperor/trunk/