Status of Debian packaging for MetaPhLan2 (Was: Description for lefse tools)

Hi,

I'd like to give some status update about MetaPhLan2 packaging.
Regarding the large data set I was following the advise given on the
debian-devel mailing list to distribute the fastq flavour of the data
inside the Debian package and run bowtie2 on the users machine either at
package installation time or later at the user opinion by providing a
script which does the conversion.  The script compares md5sums of the
original data with the conversion result so this method should be save
and does not stress bandwidth and Debian mirror space to much.

The metaphlan2-data package is maintained in the Debian Med packaging
Git[1] and was uploaded to the new queue 2 days ago.  It will hopefully
accepted by Debian ftpmasters in the next couple of days.

Once the metaphlan2-data package is accepted I'll upload the actual code
as package metaphlan2 (Depending from metaphlan2-data).  It is
maintained in the Debian Med packaging Git as well[2].  I'll keep you
updated once metaphlan2 will be avialable from the Debian mirrors.

Kind regards and thanks for your support

      Andreas.

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/metaphlan2-data.git
[2] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/metaphlan2.git