Re: [Outreachy] predictprotein and other RostLab packages

Hi Andreas,
Your solution for reprof works, I've added README.test and for now it's ready (current testsuite checks only perl portion of code, I'll probably later add other test).

I've made tests for profphd-utils, it's ready for upload. For now I took 2 example files from profphd package - to test profphd-utils independently from profphd. If you think it's better to take them directly from profphd package installation (and mention profphd in 'Depends:' section in debian/tests/control), I can fix this.

I also tried to make tests for profnet. This package generates 8 packages (and profphd-net), with commands which can be run in similar manner. But there are no enough example files. I found correct example file for these tests in profphd source package, but it works for 5 of 8 packages. Other 3 packages (profnet-bval, profnet-md, profnet-norsnet) with the same input files raise Segmentation fault.
The main difference between sources of these executables can be found in upstream's patch files mainly in space character (like in these two lines from upstream's bval.patch file):
-         CALL RDPAR_ERR('NUMIN ',VARIN)
+         CALL RDPAR_ERR('NUMIN',VARIN)

For now I couldn't find correct set of example files which works with profnet-bval, profnet-md or profnet-norsnet.
For other 5 packages (profnet-chop, profnet-con, profnet-isis, profnet-prof, profnet-snapfun) I wrote testsuite which passes.
The main problem is profnet is utility package and packages it generates are not made to be used by itself, without packages they are supposed to be used with.
I think it's better to return later to this package and search example files which works correctly in related packages (for now I couldn't find any which doesn't produce segfault). How do you think?

Hi Tanya,

On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 07:30:28PM +0300, merlettaia wrote:
> debuild -us -uc -b

Hint: I'm using debuild which is a more intelligent wrapper around this.

> - for the first time, all goes fine.
> When I run the same command again, I've got error message. Full error log
> is in attached file.

Ahhh, broken clean target and ugly hacks.  I fixed the clean target and
worked around those ugly hacks.  May be you re-check my commit and
confirm if it works for you now.

Hope this helps

Best wishes,
Tanya.