Re: Galaxy project producing their own Debian packages

Hi Olivier,

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 11:57:02AM +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> > extension and can be installed somehow via dpkg/apt is a proper Debian
> > package to our standards of quality.  It would be really great to get
> > proper galaxy packages and possibly integrating the authors of those
> > packages in our team to do things right would be a promissing way to
> > this goal.
> galaxy seems (at this moment) to be pythno 2 compliant only, not python
> 3. So it won't fit in Debian.

As far as I understand that statement is a bit harsh.  Its not true that
ftpmaster does not accept Python 2 only code.

> I had a quick look at their package, and they indeed embed many python
> deps that woud need to be package (lots of work but why not), plus the
> stuff installed from their python repo at startup.

May be we could start with a list of these deps and in the time we are
working on this something might move on the galaxy side to Python 3 ...